Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Undefined

I was treated like a little kid for the next two weeks. There had been people who said they knew me, people who claimed to be my friends, and people I actually knew. One day a boy came in, his skin pale white, his eyes blue as the sea, and his black hair was curled in cute little curls. But he looked as if he was very sick...

"Hey..." - He said. his voice was very faint.

"Hello..." - I pulled up my legs as I sat on top of the covers. 

"They told me you don't remember anything... not even me." - He looked a little sad as he said that.

"Are you that special?" - I asked, and rubbed my palm, because it began to itch as he came in the
room. I kind of got used to the scar that looked like a pentagram, even though I had absolutely no clue about it's provenance. It felt terribly uncomfortable to have all these people know me, but have no memory of them.
Without saying anything, the boy pulled off his white t-shirt that was similar to the ones given to me since I was in the nursery wing. At first I wanted to scream, but then my eyes found the scar on his chest. It was several times bigger than my own, but the shape was exactly the same. The blue veins created a webbed pattern under his marble skin.

"I'm a hell-light, brother to Darren Severio. My name is Joel." - He began. I couldn't stop staring at his scar. My glare raised to his throat, where I knew I would find another kind of scar. A thin line... I didn't know how I knew that there would be a scar, I just did.
I searched my memory, the shards that I have recovered through this week. I have met Stephen, who told me stories, but never told me stories that involved me. He was another brother of Darren. Then I met another dude, who was very kind, and he said he was merman. There were all kinds of people coming to me... I forgot their names in a ridiculously short time, like my brain didn't want to remember these people. They didn't seem bad... they weren't bad people. At least I think they weren't...

"Why do we have the same scar?" - I asked, already afraid of the answer.

"The doctors told us that we shouldn't speak of the past. They said it's your job to open the gate, and let the memories come back to you." - He pulled his t-shirt over his head, and sat down at the chair. He might have been the first person that caught my attention to the fullest. - "But I think that's bullshit. You are a Soul Whisperer, your power is in the memories. Taking that away from you is like taking your powers." - He said.

"I'm a what..?" - I asked. Soul Whisperer wasn't something that many people mentioned before.

"I tell you what." - He reached for my hand, but I pulled away instantly. I didn't like it when people touched me. It felt like something inside wanted to reach out for them, but I felt this pressure to pull it back.
The guy sat back on the chair. - "You are not making this any easier." - He sighed.

"Tell me what are you trying to do." - I suggested. - "Maybe then I wouldn't pull away."

"Just give me your hand. You will feel what's there to show." - He said, and reached for my hand again. I watched him put my scarred palm above his heart, where his similar scar was. I felt his heart beat, and slowly my heart synchronized with his.
I closed my eyes, and I could feel his powers. It was as if I could see with closed eyes. Inside his body were flames, and a dragon. A great dragon whose body was made of fire and sparks. The dragon kindly rubbed its face against my palms, and even though my natural instinct would have said to stay away from it - it might be dangerous, but honestly, I wasn't afraid of it.

I opened my eyes, and stared at him. His face was handsome in a way that most girls would find attractive. He was tall and his broad shoulders were just the perfect size to rest your head when you get tired. He had dark brown hair, almost black, and vivid blue eyes. As I looked at him, a picture flashed in, as if there was a twitch in the TV program and I saw him with healthy skin, and in a white shirt, and a black tie. But as quick as the image was, it was already gone.

"What's your name?" - I asked. He was a fascinating creature, with the soul of a dragon.

"My name is Joel." - He said. - "It was my fault that you get caught by a demon, and were brought to face the postaquam. It was my fault that you had to reveal your true powers to the public by raising me from my grave." - He said.

"Raising you from the grave?" - I repeated. - "No one can raise the dead. That's impossible." - I said, and stood up. The stone floor was cold against my toes, but I didn't care.

"Most of us believed that. But you brought me back, however I am ill ever since." - He showed me his lower arms, and there the veins were almost black under his porcelain white skin. - "My blood is burning my body, and slowly, I am dying again."

I took his arm in my hand, and looked at those black lines. I ran my finger on the light, and with every touch, the feeling that it should be me, who heals his strange illness. It was like I had this goal somewhere sometime. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Did I try to heal you?" - I asked.

"You promised, but never tried." - He smiled, but that smile was bitter.

"I am sorry... even if I knew how to heal you then, I don't know what to do now..." - I felt pressured and very guilty. This person needed me to help him, but I just weren't there, and even if I could have helped, now I had no idea what to do with all that.

"When I woke up, you gave me your blood so my system could function." - He said. He moved is fingers, opened his grip, and then closed it. The black veins glowed with a faint, red shimmer. - "But seems like my body is somehow unable to use your blood, like it's supposed to. It keeps me going, but don't possess the power that I once had. It's there, doubtlessly, but I just don't have the strength to awake it. You must see why that is dangerous." - He said.

"If you are trying to make me heal you, then I just wanna point out that I have no clue how to do that. I am not some superhero." - I said. I could feel him pressuring me, and that made me feel anxious. It felt like I was supposed to know the answer to his illness, and I didn't. He made me feel like I was smart then, but I was dumb now...

"I am not trying to make you do anything. I am trying to help you recall something that might benefit me." - Joel said.

"You are giving me a headache..." - I mumbled. - "Okay, if we're gonna do this, then let's try something different... How do I usually do stuff... like how do I call on my powers, how do I manage to upkeep the flow, how do I heal?" - to that question, he reacted quickly.

"You touch people." - He said.

"Well, that sounds weird." - I sighed. - "But how do I manage to use my powers?"

"I dunno. When you bound with me, it was because I was drunk and I kissed you. When you unbound me, it was a long, and forbidden ritual, which you preformed like you have been doing this for ages." - He bit his lower lip, as he was trying to recall anything that might help. But my face was burning.
It wasn't just Rider, and Morgen, but Joel too? I felt like a whore.

"Why did I bound to you when you kissed me?" - I asked, not daring to look at him. I was afraid that he would see how embarrassed I felt.

"Hey, don't worry. It wasn't like that." - He ruffled my hair. - "I kissed you because I was drunk as hell, and you bound to me because you got scared by my powers. It was like a defensive reaction. But we never had a thing or anything like that, truly." - He said. - "By the way, I can read your thoughts, so you can't really hide from me."

As soon as he said that, it suddenly came to me. - "Read me!" - I looked up at him, and I think I was getting my hopes up a little too much, but I was sure that it could work.

"Read you?" - He looked at me, like I asked him to have sex with him right here, right now: that look of surprise, but a spark interest.
I sighed, thinking over the idea I just had.

"Yes, if you can read my mind, you can find that wall, that locks away my memories inside my brain, and maybe you could tell me why t is there, and how do I break through. That would help me find out what to do with your illness, and I would get my memories back. It's a win-win situation." - I explained.

"Okay, however I have never actually done this kind of mind reading before." - He said. - "I usually get satisfied just by the knowledge of the current thoughts of people. Sit down." - I did as he commanded and sat down on the bed, right in front of him. He sat up beside me, then pulled his legs up, and criss-crossed them up front of him. I mirrored his moves, and we sat there, facing each other.
Joel took my hand in his, and closed his eyes. I closed my eyes as well. Thin whispers surrounded me, and they got louder and louder. Memories of the past few weeks flew by, names whispered in my ear, pictures of faces, and a storm of emotions, which mostly consisted of self pity. Pathetic, that's what I was.
Joel suddenly let go of my hands, tossing them back to my lap. - "I can't! This is definitely not an easy task, and just by holding your hand, I can't reach deep enough into your mind."

"Then what do you suggest we do?" - I asked. His lips formed a half-smile. - "Oh no... do we have to?" - I asked.

"Look, I am not saying we have to. I am only saying that it might work better if we recompose the scene where your body used defense against me, than just holding a meditation course here. Don't think of it as a physical thing between you and me, think of it as trying to find a cure... for you, and for me." - He said. I let out a big breath.

"Okay, but we shall not speak of this... to anyone. I feel bad already as it is." - I played with the bottom of my white shirt. My fingers were scarred, and my nails were chewed. Sometimes I had these attacks, when I was just suddenly afraid. I didn't know what I was afraid of, and why but I just felt like something is there, and it was bad. During those attacks, I would sit in the corner, and chew my nails, or scratch my wrists with my remaining nails, scarring it, sometimes drawing blood.
The attacks eventually went away, but it was awful.
People must have thought I went mad, and at some point I even questioned my sanity myself.
Now, sitting front of Joel, looking at his pale face, I felt like there was more to the story. There was more to him, than just being a hell-light, and an ill man. He was more, but as usual, I just couldn't figure out what.

Joel unfolded his legs, and slid closer on the sheets. My heart was beating fast, and I couldn't believe that I was believing him. What if he just wanted me to kiss him. What if that was all just a lie, and he was just using me.

"Trust me..." - He whispered. when his lips were only a half inch away from mine. His breath was hot, and his skin smelled like bonfire and pine. It was a familiar smell, but very strange at the same time, but I think I liked it.
He pressed his lips against mine. His skin was cold, and it felt fragile. My body reacted to his immediately, returning his kiss. I wasn't sure if it was my doing, or something that the old me would do. Joel reached behind me, and pulled my closer to him. I was a little nervous...
But his idea definitely worked.

I was in Joel's arms in the middle of a fireball. The strange thing was that I was seeing myself from the outside. 
My head dropped back as he kissed my neck, and from my mouth and eyes, light shone, like I was filled with hot lava. Even my skin had this reddish-orange glow, and Joel was shining with me.

I was chanting words, walking around myself and him, like a predator around its prey. Then my body sucked me back in.

The picture changed, and while it did, I was back in reality for a split second, and I was mortified, because Joel was on top of me, shirtless, and all I had on were my bra and my panties. Then the memory took over all over again.
I relived many moments that I thought I had forgotten, and memories began to come back to me. The flat in Seattle, the last night with Rider, Lilith, the postaquam, Anouck, Onyx, Michael, the tortures, Skydown, the library, the meeting, Damian, the screaming demons filling the sky... Ambriel... all of it came back. My heart ached as the wounds that I didn't know about began to hurt again.
When I opened my eyes, I was naked, and Joel was on top of me, my legs wrapped around his hips, and my nails left bloody marks on his back. We looked into each other's eyes, and I could see that he was there with me in the memories the whole time, and he just became aware of how far we went just like me. For a second, we were still, but then he slowly lowered his head, and kissed me. This time, it was not for the sake of my memories. As he moved I thought of how much pain he had been through up to this point, while angel blood burned his system, and I had done nothing. I closed my eyes, and as his lips wandered down to my neck, I concentrated on my power. I could see his dragon inside, and I could tell that its flames were weaker than ever.
I closed the strings inside, not letting them out, but searching for that one dark flame inside of me, that provided me the strength to do black magic. Imagine it as a great library, where each shelf contained the power of a relative from the grave. I just recently figured out that if I use my imagination, to picture the powers, I could recall them easier. As I was searching through the rows, a great, pure white vine caught my attention. As I looked up, there was this gigantic tree that I have never seen before. When I touched the vine, I wanted to scream. I wanted to drop and cry... I wanted to run away, and forget.

That tree was the power of my lord father, Ambriel Princeps. If the tree was standing there in my "library" that meant that the demons didn't just tore off his wings, but killed him. He was dead.
I reached into the trunk, and sucked up it's powers.
I opened my eyes again, and pulled Joel's head up from my neck to my face, and kissed him. Poured the power through our connections into him. I knew it was pure angelic power, and that he needed demonic to become who he was, but something told me that by doing this, he will become something greater than he ever was. His moves and breathing sped up, and then suddenly it was all over. There were no huge flashing lights and flames, like last time. There were no leaving my own body, nor anyone to watch me do so - which I was thankful for.
Joel rolled down from me, and laid there beside me for a long moment. He raised his hands, and they were his healthy color. The black veins were gone, except at his wrists, where they formed a tree.

"You should really stop leaving marks on me." - He said as he gasped for air. I should have laughed at that, but my sorrow was just too great.

"I'll try." - I mumbled. I rolled down from the bed, and picked up my clothes. I pulled my pants and t-shirt on, and quickly pulled my hair into a messy bun.

"I saw when you tried to heal my throat... from your perspective." - Joel swallowed, and for a second, he was silent. Using that time, I went to the tap, and washed my face. My room in the hospital wing was small: It had a tap, a table, where I would sit at times, and doodle things that I dreamed of or thought of as a possible memory. I had a bed, and a door.
My true purpose of finding my sister somehow became forgotten on the way, and that made me angry of myself. I was angry at the people, and most of all I was angry at Rider. He was coming into my room in the past few weeks, pretending to be my lover, to be the person I thought he was. No wonder it felt so off all the time.

"Did you saw me taking your dragon too?" - I asked. He sat up, and got dressed as well.

"I did." - He pulled the t-shirt over his head. - "Have I told you that I always imagined what it would be like to have sex with you?" - He asked, with a satisfied grin on his face.

"I bet it wasn't like you imagined." - I just had to smile at that. Joel and I... well our relationship couldn't be defined by the already existing categories. It was more than friendship, less than love, we weren't friends with benefits either... I think people have never defined that relationship when you have sex to save each other.
Probably society isn't that fucked up just yet.

"No, it wasn't" - He laughed. - "I kind of imagined that I wouldn't be ill, and you wouldn't be desperate to find your memories while doing it." - He pointed out. By now, he moved like a cat. That stiffness was gone from his motions.
I looked at him from the mirror, and he was looking back at me.

"Too bad you didn't enjoy it, 'cuz we are not doing it again." - I smiled, and splashed another handful of water on my face.

"Never said I didn't enjoy it." - He said, and sat back on the chair. - "But I agree, we should keep our hands off." - He took a glass of water from the table that was within his arm's reach. - "But what did you do after you regained your memories?"

"I planted a great amount of power in you, which was strong enough to burn up all the demon cells in your body in a very short amount of time, and replace them with angelic ones." - I said. - "Now you're an angel."

"A full-blood?" - His eyes were wide.

"Yes. You are a full-blood." - I said, and turned off the tap. - "But you can't tell anyone. You can't tell who did it, how was it done, anything. You will say we held this meditation curse or whatever, and it worked. We can't trust anyone." - He nodded, not even questioning why.


No comments:

Post a Comment