Thursday, March 20, 2014

Death Appears

I went back to Remiel's office to find him leaning against the desk while Rider sat not far on a blue colored couch whit his legs crossed in a way boys usually do it - resting his left ankle on his right knee.

"What?" - I asked.

"We still have to talk about your powers." - Remiel begun. - "I'd like you to show me what you did to Rider."

"I doubt that it's a good idea...what if I bound you too?" - I asked.

"Not on me. I am interested what happens if you try to reconnect with a person you are bound to." - He instructed. I looked at Rider. He looked like someone was pulling his tooth out with no painkillers. I cocked my head to the side, and he just nodded. Rider stood up, and walked to me. With a swift motion he slipped his fingers between mines, and we were standing like we did weeks ago in his room. Only this time he wasn't looking at me. He was just staring at the ground. I tried to avoid it.
I just closed my eyes, and clasped his cold hands tightly as I imagined his power source, like last time. It was small again, and I knew why: he was holding it back.

"Rider, let it flow." - I whispered, and like he flipped a switch, his power flowed from his body, right into me.

Sudden warmth ran through my body, and I opened my eyes in surprise. We were staring at each other, the world around us was only a colorful blur. His face was expressionless, but I could see a strange glittering in his eyes.
Rider's lips parted, and he pulled me closer. My heartbeat quickened as he drew me closer, and when our
lips touched, I felt like wind was howling out from us. It picked up my hear from my shoulders, and pulled on my clothes. That's when I realized that our feet was not touching the ground.
I don't know why he kissed me, nor why I kissed him back. Our actions were driven by the strange surroundings, and I was ashamed. I gave this arrogant man my very first kiss, just like that.
Our feet touched the ground, and we both backed away.
Front of me Rider stood, but he seemed somehow different. His skin looked somehow paler, and his hair glowed with even a brighter golden light.

He looked down at his hands.

"That's impossible." - Remiel walked around rider, like he was examining a piece of displayed artwork. He approvingly nodded. - "But there is no doubt about it..."

"What the heck happened." - Rider asked.

"She purified you." - He said, and turned to me. - "How did you do it?"

"I... I don't know... we kissed, and with that, I just kind of... felt." - That was true. I felt him. Like I felt his sadness, and when I found a part in him that was dark, sad and bitter, I just reached there with my power and when I touched i just began to fade. - "What does it mean that I purified him?" - I asked finally.

"Through whatever you did, you rose his soul back up to the level of an angel." - He said. - "Angels are born with an especially bright soul that sometimes even influences their physical appearance. If an angel falls, his soul looses some of it's brightness... and power of course."

"So I'm back to full strength?" - Rider asked, and began to open and close his fists.

"Something like that. But don't forget that she didn't give you back who you were. No one can do that." - Remiel said.

Rider looked at me and smiled. - " 'Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged..'" - He quoted. I sighed. Romeo and Juliet, Act 1, Scene 5. I know that Shakespeare drama by heart. I sent him a sad smile, and continued where he left off.

"'Then have my lips the sin that they have took.'" - He looked at me with surprised eyes. I smiled sadly and pulled on my shoulders, symbolizing that it wasn't a big deal. - "I've read the story like a million times." - I explained. Rider closed the distance between us. Since he was taller than me by a good 5", if not more, I had to look up at him to see his face. His aquamarine eyes searched my face, and his golden hair that floated around him like a halo made him look like an angel as he looked down at me. I guess I wasn't far from the truth..

"Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again." - He smiled down at me. The first honest smile I have seen to cross his lips. That made me feel a little better, but at the same time, it made me feel bitter.

"And they kiss." - I said, but instead of letting him kiss me, I backed away. - "But we are not them." - With that, I put as much distance between us as I could inside such a small room. There was a strange, but malevolently good taste on my lips, which belonged to him, and no matter how I wanted more, I knew that a guy like Rider would never truly love a girl like me. We are like water and fire - so far away that even each other's closeness could hurt.
There was nothing good we could gain by this.

"Okay kids, cut it out. Play all lovey-dovey outside, but not here." - Remiel interrupted, and I suddenly remembered that Rider and I were not alone in the room. - "Spirit, come here."

I obediently went to him, with my head burning hot red from the thought that he just watched us in the past couple minutes. He held a ring in his hand, and he handed it to me, when I was in his reach.

"What's this for?" - It was similar to the one he wore...

"This is a celestial seal. I have one myself, but my powers are beyond the seal's capability of reducing my ability to contact other's memories. Now that you showed me that you have kind of a similar power, I think you shall try to wear this seal, just to be sure you don't bond anyone else in the house... especially not hell-lights, or demons... a purification for them would be fatal." - He sighed. I felt my face turn even more red.

"I-I don't think I would do that anymore to anyone..." - I mumbled.

"I know you keep it under control as much as you can, but we are still not sure of your limits. Until then, please wear this. It would make me feel better about letting you go around the house as you please." - Remiel said, and I nodded while I pulled the piece of cold metal on my finger.

I looked at Rider from the edge of my eyes, and I saw him staring at me. My heart skipped a beat. I hope that our bond isn't working anymore, because if he saw my memories like I saw his, then he'd hear my thoughts, and that would do no good.

"Thanks... I shall be going. Cassiel is waiting." - I said.

"Are you really his sister?" - Rider asked me. I just nodded at him shyly, and for the record, I was speechless.
I couldn't believe that I kissed him, and he could act as if nothing had happened. I took a deep breath, and hurried out from the room. Cassiel was sitting at the edge of the window, talking to... Morgen?! Holy crap, is he friends with everyone, but only hates me?!
I walked up to them, and when Morgen saw me, he made a face. Cassiel raised an eyebrow.  I just rolled my eyes.


Meanwhile ** Rider

After Spirit hurried off, Rider looked at Remiel with pure confusion in his eyes. He did not understand the intentions of the ex-throne, and since he knew him for a pretty long time by now, he knew that sooner or later, he would try to convince the girl to purify him as well... but the thing that he didn't realize was that it worked between Rider and Spirit because they had a past, and because of the things that happened since the girl got here... 
And because of the things Rider had seen in the past couple weeks. Now he understood her a little bit better, and maybe, just maybe began to care for her again. That thought made him twitch. He didn't want to care for the troublesome, clumsy girl, who had caused him to loose control back in the days... 
But he could still feel her sweet taste on his lips, and that made his heart ache for more. He wanted more of her, he wanted that kiss that Spirit had rejected from him.
He still couldn't understand why did she reject it. No one had ever said no to him, when he wanted to kiss them... no one, until he met her.

"What are you thinking about?" - Remiel asked him suddenly. Rider looked at him and rolled his eyes.

"Don't act so innocent. You fool a lot of people, but you cannot fool me." - He sighed. - "Yes, you might be playing the role of the good guy right now, but I know that you want something from the Princeps girl." - He pointed at the door, where the girl disappeared.
Remiel just smiled. For some, it might appear to be a kind smile, but Rider knew how much wickedness is behind the innocent, galaxy patterned eyes, and the  white-blonde hair. He knew how much malevolence is behind the smile, and he was disgusted.

"I might have my intentions, but you, my friend, have maybe more." - He pointed out. Rider felt a sudden urge to punch Remiel in the face. Yes, Rider had his own desires from Spirit, but they weren't anything like Remiel's. But he couldn't do that, so he just sat, and looked at the powerful fallen angel, while that angel just smiled with the kind smile he always wore.

"How the hell are you still a celestial..?" - Rider asked, and walked to the door. Remiel just chuckled.

"I haven't disobeyed any laws of the consilium. Why would I ever choose another path than play among the winner team as long as it's the winner team." - He asked.

"So you're saying if the celestials were to became weaker, instead of helping, you'd just simply disappear?" - Rider asked, and felt the anger getting into his head, but Remiel just smiled.

"You are getting a little too interested in my personal opinion, Raguel." - It sounded like just a fact that he stated, but Rider felt the hidden threat behind his kind voice. Rider raised his hands front of him.

"Look, Rem, I am a full blood, just like you, but I am true to my blood.. I have to tell you that when it comes to choosing, I will not put my life on the line for someone like you." - Rider felt uneasy, but there was no way he could give up his beliefs for someone who was so two-faced, and so careless... because in his opinion, Remiel did not car about anyone, but himself and did only the things that benefited him. He was a selfish man with no morals, only needs.

Meanwhile ** Spirit

I stared at Morgen, not knowing what to say, or do. The silence grew awkward between us, while Cassiel just stared at him and me. 
My face began to burn hot red, and I turned away from his murderous glare. I felt like he knew that I am a weirdo, that I have powers that are unknown even in this world. Let's not mention the fact that I was also felt weird every time he stared at me: it was like he saw through my clothes, my skin, flesh and bones, and saw my bare soul, and all of my secrets. Every day when we went training to the field behind the mansion, I tried to avoid his glare as much as I could... and if that wouldn't be enough, today before I met up with Rider in the Greenhouse, in my vision of Rider's memories... he was...

"Oh, please. Don't try to make me believe that you don't wanna play some hide-n-seek between the sheets with her!" - Morgen grinned at me with shining eyes. - "Man, even I would...."

A shard of that memory passed through me, and I began coughing, because in surprise I choked on my own saliva. Well, that's awkward. Cassiel patted my back as I tried to regain control of my body.

"You two look like you had some past..." - Cassiel said, raising his eyebrow at me. My face was probably a shade darker than a tomato due to the embarrassment and the lack of oxygen in my lungs.

"Nope." - Said Morgen, but he still didn't take his eyes off of me. Cassiel shoot me a questioning look, waiting for me to confirm that he was telling the truth.

"He's just my trainer." - I pressed out the words... finally. There was no way that I would ever let him touch me that way. It's not like he's not handsome, but he is a jerk on so many levels... and I am a weirdo by even thinking about him - I mean trying to think of him - that way.

"O-kaaaayy." - Cassiel said, uncertain of our honesty. I looked at Morgen, and my eyes met his, and I felt my confidence crumble. I was greatly afraid of him.
That was nothing to be surprised about, I guess, since he was almost as powerful as an angel, but then again, I wasn't afraid of Rider, nor Remiel for that matter. Morgen was just surrounded by this strange aura, and it made me tremble, and sometimes I wonder if it's because how he looks at me, or because of who he is inside.

"Well, I'm glad I finally had the chance to meet you." - Cassiel began, and hugged me - "I can't wait to introduce you to Ariel and Father. They will be thrilled when I tell them the truth."

"I doubt anything could make Ambriel excited about anything." - A sarcastic tone, unknown to my ears made us turn around. A tall person with Native American features stood at the door of Remiel. He looked like he was about 24. There was a blueish tone to his black hair, and even from here, I could tell that he wasn't some helpless weakling.

"And who are you?" - Cassiel asked. I just looked at this guy, and I felt my heart skip a beat. He wasn't beautiful; no perfectly shaped nose, nor sculpted jawlines, but somehow he was still breathtakingly... overwhelming.

"My name is Haniel Claude." - He reached out his hand towards Cassiel. - "Fallen angel, and you might know me as a soul-reaper. Or at least that's what I used to be."

"A soul-reaper?" - Laughed Morgen - "Well, aren't you a sucker?"

"Why would I be? I'm pretty sure I was the one to bring your mother to peace as well. Shouldn't you be more respectful towards someone who brought your ancestors to peace?" - Haniel raised an eyebrow.

"What is a soul-reaper?" - I asked Cassiel.

"They are angels, whose job is to separate the soul from the body if the person's time is up, and then help them pass on." - Cassiel said. - "They are often go by the name 'Death' but that's just a nickname humans made up, I guess."
 Haniel looked at me, and I gasped in surprise when our eyes met.

"Oh, you've arrived already?" - He raised an eyebrow.

"Do I know you?" - I asked back, because his tone was like he knew me well.

"Aren't you Iris Princeps?" - Haniel raised an eyebrow playfully with his lips curling into an adorable half smile. He really thought I was Iris? Uhh, we aren't even alike!! I mean seriously! I am shorter, and more adorable than she is - obviously - but seriously, I am nothing like her!

"No. I am her sister." - I said. Well, I can't believe I am facing Death, and I am not even scared. Maybe it has to do with Death actually being only an ex-Death. Holly hell, it sounds so weird. I guess I am the first to even think about how strange it sounds. - "My name is Spirit Princeps."
Haniel raised his eyebrows, and the smile just wasn't there anymore.... maybe I was wrong, but to me it looked like he was somehow disappointed that I wasn't Iris. 

"Well then... Nice to meet you." - He said, and like we were back in the medieval time era he bowed towards me. I didn't exactly know what to do in such a situation.
He took my hand in his, and for a second I was afraid he was going to kiss it, but then he stopped in the last second, and began to examine it... what the heck. - "Hmm... Fine work, by the hand of no other than Azazel. This ring, made of Antimony, carved with a strong spell that eats up your manna - in other words magical force... Oh, little girl, if I were you I would take this ring off as soon as possible."

"But I got this from Remiel. This ring helps me keep my power under control." - I insisted.

"Whatever, but don't come to me crying if you are unable to use your power because this ring ate up all of it." - Haniel said with a small smile on his lips. Damn... he was so.. my type. I thought I'd never say such thing but he was just perfect.

"Oh I wouldn't worry about that if I were you." - Rider stepped out of the office, and wrapped his hand around my waist. I looked up at his sculpted features, and I felt deep confusion.
He was so distant up until I purified him, which I can understand he lost his place as a Guardian because of me. But what the hell was going on now? What was I to him?
But what's more important, what was he to me?
I wanted to tell myself that I wasn't here to get a boyfriend. That was the truth actually, but I just couldn't help the lust I felt when I looked at him. The butterflies under my skin made it hard to concentrate when he was around, and to be honest, I didn't mind.
For the first time, I didn't have to be worried about what if I can't get a tip, or I can't go to work.. for the first time I was free to act as a teenager and I wanted to live like one.
But did that mean that I should fall in love with the first - or the second, or whatever guy I came across? No, probably not.

I looked at Rider, and took a step back.

"What?" - He raised an eyebrow. I crossed my arms.

"Oh, Rider, I guess you forgot that a guy like you isn't at the same level as a girl like me." - I rolled my eyes, and smiled at him mockingly. He smiled at me sarcastically as well, and I knew that he wasn't mad at me. It was an inside joke between us, however I guess the others could easily guess what it meant.
But just maybe, when the world will become more clear, he and I could be closer than this... and even a girl like me can be with a guy like him.
Haniel might be the kind of guy I have always dreamed of, and maybe he can make my heart flutter, but Rider got something that makes me want to be his.

Oh, silly me....


No comments:

Post a Comment