Saturday, April 12, 2014

Curse and Sacrifice

Joel grabbed me by my shoulders and pulled me up. He shook me with his strong arms, and I knew that neither Darren, nor Stephen understood. It didn't take them too long to pin Joel down to the ground.

"No, let him go..." - I said quietly. They all stared at me questioningly. - "Sit down. This might need some explanation." - I began.

"Yes, I would love to know why are you in my head!" - Joel growled. Darren and Stephen let him go, and we all sat around the table.
They looked at me, all of them showed different feelings about this. Daren was confused, Stephen was excited, and Joel was suspicious. I could totally understand, after all none of them knew about my abilities - including myself. Darren might have had an idea, but even if he did so, he didn't seem to remember it. I let out a troubled sigh, and began the story.

"I had no idea about the powers flowing in my body until a half year ago, when a Fallen One, named Rider didn't share his powers with me. I know, most of you think it isn't possible to share powers, but my ability lies in... borrowing. I can make an individual share powers with me, lend me his strength for a given time period. Currently, I cannot fully control this time period, but up until now, I thought I knew how to keep the bonding under control." 

"What kind of bonding are you talking about?!" - Joel stood up, but Darren pushed him back to his seat. I felt a bit uncomfortable saying it out loud.

"I order to borrow someone's power, I must bound my soul with the person's I'm borrowing from. It means that we share not just powers, but memories, feelings... even thoughts if the bonding becomes strong enough." - I said. I could tell that Joel was getting more and more angry just by hearing it.

"Did this bond become that strong with Rider?" - Darren asked. He knew who he was, but they weren't that close either. I just shook my head.

"I found a small article in a book not long after our bonding."

"And how did you break the bond?" - Joel asked. No surprise, if I were him, I would've asked the same question.

"I purify them. After the purification, the bond disappears, and the person becomes free from all the sins he have ever committed. It's something like pushing the restart button." - I explained. - "But I cannot purify you, since you are half demon, which means purifying your blood would mean burning half of it out from your system, and there could be two types of outcome: you would become a human, or you would end up dead." - Joel, hearing that threw his hands in the air.

"Great, so I am bound to you until the rest of your, or my life!" 

"Not necessarily." - I took a deep breath, and reached my hands toward him. - "I doubt we are bound. I think it was just a temporary line that occurred through our kiss. I'm pretty sure it snapped right after that shard of memory."

"Kiss?" - Darren looked at Joel, and raised his eyebrows - "Bro, if you take advantage of this girl, her sister will kill you, then kill me, then set our corpses on fire, raise us from hell, and kill us again. You should think this through one more time." - That made me giggle, but I put my serious face on again as soon as i could.

"Now, I still have to check whether my theory is right. Please, take my hand." - He looked at my outstretched hand doubtfully. I rolled my eyes. - "Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you."

I heard Stephen smirk, so I shot him a silencing glare. He cleared his throat, and put his poker face back on, but his eyes shone with a mocking shimmer. 
I looked back at Joel, and reached a half inch closer to him. He let out a deep breath, and took my hand. Mine basically lost in his, because his hands were huge, while mine were very small. It looked like a child's hand in his. 
I closed my eyes, and I immediately saw his aura, but it was different from Rider's: Joel's wasn't like millions of arms reaching for me. It was like burning flames circled around him, and his powers were the shape of a dragon. 
But this dragon was tangled with my power strings, we were bound.

"I have to tear myself away from you." - I whispered. Joel squeezed my hand. I couldn't tell if he was nervous, or encouraging me. Without opening my eyes, I pulled him closer, and I put my other hand on his chest right above his heart. 
The words began to flow from my lips.

"Agite Tenebrae Abyssi, Ensis Incendens! Et Incendium Caliginis Umbrae Inimicitiae Destructionis Ultionis! Incendant et Me et Eum, Sint Solum Incendentes! Infernale-lux Gehennae!!" - I whispered. This wasn't a spell I read, nor studied. It came from deep within, and for some reason, I understood every word : Come Forth, Darkness of the Abyss, Burning Sword! And the Conflagration of Mist, Shadows, Enmity, Destruction, and Vengeance! Set he and I aflame, burning to our very foundation! Hell-light Conflagration!

A dark, dagger shaped phenomenon slashed through my aura, cutting the fine strings of power. I felt a sudden snap inside of me: I gasped in pain, and Joel let out a shocked moan. His dragon shaped aura snapped the rest of my powers off itself. Chairs fell backwards, and I felt someone pull the table away from us. I opened my eyes to see that Joel and I were on fire, the flames of his aura embraced both of us. 
This spell I cast upon us was dark magic, but I couldn't use celestial magic on him, because he was the creature of the night. I knew what comes next, what I have to do. I let go of his hand, and cupped his face in my hands, like I did with Rider not too long ago. It wasn't exactly like purification. It was more like releasing a beast I have been trying to tame, unsuccessfully. Joel hasn't opened his eyes yet. I slowly closed mines, and our lips touched. Hot power burst into me through his mouth, hot as fire. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and pulled me close to his body. Our kiss deepened, and I was no longer controlling my body. It was like someone pushed me aside. I felt my hands dig into his hair. His lips wandered off my lips to my neck, and suddenly I was seeing myself from the outside. My arms fell off his shoulders, and my head cocked back lifelessly. My eyes wide open, and my mouth as well. Bright red light shone from them, like I had lava flowing through me. I walked towards my body from the outside, and walked around Joel. I touched my own cheeks. God, it felt so weird. Darren and Stephen was watching me, as I walked around. So they could see me...
Again the words came out of nowhere, and I began chanting:

"Turbo Fulgoris Perforantis! Emittam!!" - Tempest of Gouging Lightning! Release!! As soon as I said Emittam - release - My body sucked me in, and Joel was pushed to the other side of the room by a lightning. I fell on the ground, gasping for air. My skin was covered in black dust, and my lungs felt like I inhaled fire for several seconds. I looked at my palms, and there was a pentagram burnt into the flesh.
Joel stood up, and on his chest, the shirt was burnt above his heart, and the same pentagram was burnt into his flawless skin. 

"What did you do?" - Joel asked, as he touched the wound on his chest. 

"I released you from my powers." - I sighed, and stood up. I dodn't know how I did it, nor could repeat or explain it. It was like someone else did it with my body. - "I better get myself together, and leave." - It was true, I released him from my bond, but in exchange, I had to destroy some of my strings, and that shortened my life by exactly 3 days, 16 hours and 43 minutes. I don't know how I knew this, but I did, and I knew that I shall not tell this to the Severio brothers, because they would question me on more, and I had no answers. But I knew that I had to do it. He didn't have anything to do with me, nor knew who I was. Neither did I have the right to remain in his head, steal his memories and force mine on him. Even if it cost shortening my life spam just a little. - "Stephen, our deal expired. I shall leave alone."

They all stared at me as I walked back to the guestroom. I stuffed my staff into my bag, and then hurried to the bathroom to change out of the pajamas and wash the black dust off my body. I changed into a pair of light washed shorts and a sleeveless t-shit that said "midnight angel" which -
if we consider the current situation (thinking of the fact that I was actually half blood angel) - was kind of ironic, but I had no time to actually care about it at the moment. I put my still wet hair in a bun, and put some make up on. Then, throwing my bag over my shoulders, I went back into the kitchen. Stephen's hand was covered in green flames, and he was about to touch Joel's chest with his hand. I sighed.

"Healing spells won't make the mark go away. I am a celestial, and you are a demonic, even if you call yourself celestial, you'll never truly be one. You might serve the angels, but you remain a hell-light no matter what. This mark was carved into your skin by the curse of the Thrones: If a celestial shall make a sacrifice for a demonic, let this mark be burnt into the demonic's living flesh to remind them what had been done for them." - I quoted the saying that I have never heard. What the fuck was on with me...

"What do you mean by sacrifice?" - Stephen asked me. I just shook my head.

"That's only important to me. I have to leave before I make any more damage to you or to myself." - I smiled at Stephen - "Thanks for being such a wonderful host, I am really thankful, and if you need me, just call. I owe you a great time."

With that, I pushed the elevator button, but as the doors opened, I bumped into a tall figure. His blond hair was floating around his head, and his eyes were bluer than the ocean with a spark lighter colors... just like aquamarine. My eyes widened, and my heart skipped a beat. How can this be...?

No comments:

Post a Comment